Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Our Patio Paradise


While Michael was taking care of his sister in Texas a few weeks ago I decided to spend a Saturday transforming our patio area into a summer paradise. The timing was perfect! He came home on Father's Day and we have been enjoying our little paradise every evening since. Having a comfy and relaxing place to spend lunch, dinner, or just reading a book is wonderful. We have amazing views of the sunset here as well. 

I have been an avid repurposing junky since high school when the thrifting bug hit me. My best friend (Jenny from Omaha) taught me all I needed to know. I'm also a minimalist, so I eventually donate everything back to stores or use the item until it is trashed.

Citronella candle from our closet is purposed. 

Here's the rundown on our patio accessories:

  • Chairs and pillows were free. Someone discarded them. I cleaned and sanitized them and gave them a new home.
Aloe plant from Sandi Smith's garage sale.
 Aloe vera is great for sunburns.
  • Lanterns were from Stuff, Etc. in Clive.
  • White curtains from Dollar General are hung with tacks. Great for keeping flies out since we don't have a screen. Macy (cat) loves going through her curtain when we can leave the door open all day. 
  • Flower pots are mostly hand-me-downs and a friend gave me the idea to plant an herb garden plus lavender. We have basil coming in so far from the seeds I planted. Better late than never!
  • The plant stand is from Stuff, Etc. 
  • Small table is from the St. Vincent's DePaul (5.00). I covered it with a red placemat from our stash.
Sunset viewing time
Macy loves her jungle and little blue pool in the background
which is a rain catcher for the plants made from a cat litter pan.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A Year of Learning Frequencies

Working on knee pain again for Osgoods-Schlatters. Knee pain and cross country running season don't mix well.   One of many slide...