Wednesday, July 1, 2020

A Year of Learning Frequencies

Working on knee pain again for Osgoods-Schlatters.
Knee pain and cross country running season don't mix well.  
One of many slides about FSM from Dr. McMakin's classes
Osgood-Schlatters 
It was the spring of 2019 and I was talking with nurse and friend, Carolyn Walker. She showed me a really cool book called, The Resonance Effect, by Dr. Carolyn McMakin. I read it and signed up for a class in June of 2019 held in Philadephia, PA.
An inspiring read for anyone curious about FSM

Great for FSM Practitioners


Me last summer in Philly at my first FSM class. 
After much anticipation and excitement I drove from Iowa to Philadelphia with my youngest son to take my first Dr. McMakin's Frequency Specific Microcurrent class that was 4 days long. We had a lot of fun on our road trip. I'm so grateful I had this experience because it's been a wonderful year of learning, practicing, and experimenting with FSM at home and in the office. My first practice person was my oldest son last summer. He was in cross country running in his senior year of high school and had terrible knee pain that massage couldn't help. It turns out he had Osgood-Schlatter's knee pain and FSM helped it.



Dr. McMakin in PA last summer working on an FSM demo

What I've done with FSM this past year for friends, family, and clients: 


From Licensed Massage Therapist/Health Coach to adding FSM Practitioner.

  • Arthritis pain relief


  • Osgood-Schlatters pain relief for knees
  • Foot pain
  • Wound protocols for minor issues like burns and blisters on feet
  • Fractured bone pain relief
  • PTSD
  • Old scar remodeling (tummy and knees/legs)
  • Anti-aging
  • Cervical pain relief
  • Shoulder work
  • TMJ for jaw pain
  • Emotional Relax and Balance
  • Leaky gut issues



FSM is Very Relaxing. 

Using FSM to relieve a minor burn.
When I was in FSM training I learned that FSM makes people sleepy because it is so relaxing. I was able to practice FSM in Philadelphia using the equipment Dr. McMakin made available to us in the classroom. She demonstrated FSM to us on several class attendees and non-class attendees who signed up to be practiced on. There were over 40 of us in the class, including other bodyworkers like me, nurses, physical therapists, and many repeat attendees and FSM instructors to assist us. I learned a lot. I continue to learn new things every day from other practitioners, my family, and the clients I am grateful to serve.


If you want to know more about FSM, here's a great blog post about it: https://preventioniowa.com/blog/f/frequency-specific-microcurrent


In October of 2019, I decided to sign up for the advanced FSM training held yearly in Arizona in February. I invested in my own equipment while in Arizona and felt very happy to make it home before the pandemic.


When the Covid-19 pandemic happened in March of 2020 and I couldn't practice massage for months I was happily learning about FSM, including practicing distance healing with FSM for loved ones and friends. I plan to use more distance healing in the future and maybe I'll even get to blog about it. Since the pandemic, I've been able to attend several on-line classes with Dr. McMakin and Kim Pittis the Director of FSM Sports.

It's been an eventful year and I am grateful for this time to reflect, create, and write. I'm happy about the new relationships this work has brought to my life and the exciting times ahead.

Thanks for reading,
Practicing FSM for arthritis in the office with Janet. 

Heather




Try not to fall asleep now. 


Advanced FSM time in Chandler, AZ.--Feb. 2020

Heather, Marty, Carolyn Walker, and Dr. Carolyn McMakin
 at the Advanced FSM class, 2/2020

Loving the Arizona heat while it's cold in Iowa. 
My first FSM Class Photo in Philadelphia, PA--July 2019.

FSM Books: https://frequencyspecific.com/microcurrent-training/frequency-specific-microcurrent-in-pain-management-text-book/  Also on Amazon: Frequency Specific Microcurrent in Pain Management and Resonance-Effect-Frequency-Specific-Microcurrent

Dr. Carolyn McMakin's website: https://frequencyspecific.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Year of Learning Frequencies

Working on knee pain again for Osgoods-Schlatters. Knee pain and cross country running season don't mix well.   One of many slide...